FreeHost Support Board
FreeHost Support Board » Allgemeines » Allgemeine Fragen (vor dem Kauf, ... ) » Few questions » Hallo Gast [Anmelden|Registrieren]
Letzter Beitrag | Erster ungelesener Beitrag Druckvorschau | Thema zu Favoriten hinzufügen
Neues Thema erstellen Antwort erstellen
Zum Ende der Seite springen Few questions
Autor
Beitrag « Vorheriges Thema | Nächstes Thema »
bollocks

Few questions Auf diesen Beitrag antworten Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       Zum Anfang der Seite springen

Sorry for me posting in english but my German you would most likely not be able to decipher smile

I'm looking for a new system to replace our old beloved Layeredpanel.
We only want to offer freehosting and have no plans to make money by upselling hostingservices.

I do have a few questions.

- Is there a central 404 page?
This is a powerfull feature that makes me the most money on my current system.
- How are inactive subscriptions handled?
Is there a function that checks if someone is has not logged in for xx months orso?
- Can ip's/hostnames easily be blocked from the CP?
- Can you restrict filetypes? For instance to avoid people overwrite serverconfiguration with .htaccess or create havoc with .sh files?
- Can we restrict filesize through FTP to avoid becomming a distribution point for filesharing or backups?

Thank you very much in advance!
Erwin
19.02.2013 15:54 bollocks ist offline Beiträge von bollocks suchen Nehmen Sie bollocks in Ihre Freundesliste auf
M.Merchel M.Merchel ist männlich
aka maXus

images/avatars/avatar-11.gif

Herkunft: Berlin

Auf diesen Beitrag antworten Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       Zum Anfang der Seite springen

Hi Erwin, welcome to my board.

- Is there a central 404 page?
Yes, all error pages (locked user, missing files, missing user s.o.) goes on a central page with different messages. See: http://missinguser.wspace-service.de/
On this page you can add ads or additional information and links.

- How are inactive subscriptions handled?
What do you mean exactly? Inactive user accounts or or not activated registrations? You can configurate, that inactive users deleted after X days and not activated registrations deleted after Y days. You can configurate it in the cronjob section (http://www.wspace-service.de/admin/cron.php)

Is there a function that checks if someone is has not logged in for xx months orso?
Yes, that's the inactive check. That checks logins and file access.

- Can ip's/hostnames easily be blocked from the CP?
You can block ip-ranges, mail-ranges and username-ranges. See in our demo under http://www.wspace-service.de/admin/einst....php?show=tools

- Can you restrict filetypes? For instance to avoid people overwrite serverconfiguration with .htaccess or create havoc with .sh files?
At the moment the users cant overwrite the options by himself.

- Can we restrict filesize through FTP to avoid becomming a distribution point for filesharing or backups?
Yes, there are some opportunities in the cronjob. There you can set some values to close accounts, when the traffic is much higher than normaly visitor traffic and so on.

Marcus Merchel
20.02.2013 10:48 M.Merchel ist offline E-Mail an M.Merchel senden Beiträge von M.Merchel suchen Nehmen Sie M.Merchel in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Baumstruktur | Brettstruktur
Gehe zu:
Neues Thema erstellen Antwort erstellen
FreeHost Support Board » Allgemeines » Allgemeine Fragen (vor dem Kauf, ... ) » Few questions

Forensoftware: Burning Board 2.3.6, entwickelt von WoltLab GmbH