FreeHost Support Board
FreeHost Support Board » Freehost Script International » All about Freehost Script » Servers » Hallo Gast [Anmelden|Registrieren]
Letzter Beitrag | Erster ungelesener Beitrag Druckvorschau | Thema zu Favoriten hinzufügen
Neues Thema erstellen Antwort erstellen
Zum Ende der Seite springen Servers
Autor
Beitrag « Vorheriges Thema | Nächstes Thema »
Harvey
Grünschnabel

Servers Auf diesen Beitrag antworten Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       Zum Anfang der Seite springen

Hi

Another question from me today.

It seems the script can only be run on one server. I'm really confused here. I mean, there are sites in the reference section who claim to have 13,000+ members! With 250MB space, and a few GB of bandwidth, this seems impossible.

One server surely cannot host 13,000 websites! Do you think these people have customised the script to put user's content on multiple servers?

I emailed my host, and he doesn't suggest hosting more than 1000 members on one server!

The numbers don't seem to work...
21.07.2005 00:55 Harvey ist offline E-Mail an Harvey senden Beiträge von Harvey suchen Nehmen Sie Harvey in Ihre Freundesliste auf
bv
Grünschnabel

Auf diesen Beitrag antworten Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       Zum Anfang der Seite springen

Hi Harvey,

It's not impossible to have that many websites on a server. I dare say most of the 13000 accounts are probably inactive anyway. Also, most, if not all of the accounts would not be using ftp, mysql, or php so as far as the server is concerned, it is basically just serving static pages - not really too hard of a job...

I have about 1400 users at the moment, and most of them who actually use their accounts just have very small websites - not very many people would ever use the whole 250MB, also, the majority of them have less than 100 views per month, so not much bandwidth is used.

If you have 1000 cpanel accounts on one server, this would be a different story - because most of them would probably be active users with php and mysql; this would definitely put a large load on the server.

Have a good one,
B
19.01.2006 00:04 bv ist offline E-Mail an bv senden Beiträge von bv suchen Nehmen Sie bv in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Kleinbreuer
Super Moderator

Auf diesen Beitrag antworten Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       Zum Anfang der Seite springen

Exactly, we have got servers with more than 10.000 active users without php, you need a high performance machine, but ok, it works and is quite fast.

But if you give php to every user, there is no limit i can tell you, because it can happen that your server is total on max load with only 50 php users, or with up to 500, it depends on the sites the users have got (and the traffic)

Greets

19.01.2006 23:08 Kleinbreuer ist offline E-Mail an Kleinbreuer senden Beiträge von Kleinbreuer suchen Nehmen Sie Kleinbreuer in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Baumstruktur | Brettstruktur
Gehe zu:
Neues Thema erstellen Antwort erstellen
FreeHost Support Board » Freehost Script International » All about Freehost Script » Servers

Forensoftware: Burning Board 2.3.6, entwickelt von WoltLab GmbH